Thursday, October 14, 2010

STEP ONE (you can have lots of fun)

Ok glorious foodies, I myself, have joined the masses and created my very own food blog.
Now, to be clear, I am not professionally trained, I am massive food geek, and anything sweet is right up my alley.
My goal is to learn more about the finer skills involved in pastry arts, food styling and photography. I hope along the way, I can see a distinct improvement in my skills, and look back on that first baking disaster and titter to myself about how unrefined I was when I began.

To start with, it may seem like I am mental to begin with Macarons- everyone seems to freak out about baking these glorious little beauties, and although I have not found a brilliant one yet in Melbourne, time will tell. 

This weekend, I will be making Macarons Gerbet (The Fundamental Techniques of Classic Pastry Arts  by the French Culinary Institute, New York) and will be posting the success/failure as it happens- no pomp and circumstance here- just honest to goodness baking.

I will endevour to become "Melbourne's Macaron Madame" as my friend J has phrased it - giving it a go never hurt anyone.

Hugs and Dulce de leche

xo
Miss E

No comments:

Post a Comment